Pizza Kettle on the Performer

It will fit on the Performer but the lid holder ring has little plastic guides/rollers that can and will melt if too hot. The KP can reach temps close to 900 degrees which is hot enough to melt those rollers.

It will fit on the Performer but the lid holder ring has little plastic guides/rollers that can and will melt if too hot. The KP can reach temps close to 900 degrees which is hot enough to melt those rollers.

Sounds like the best way is to buy a used 22" kettle on Craigslist and make a dedicated pizza cooker. Just a thought.

Sounds like the best way is to buy a used 22" kettle on Craigslist and make a dedicated pizza cooker. Just a thought.

I have a new performer that i love but i want to start pizza and i want to find a beater OTS for that exact reason.

Exactly what I've been trying to do for a few weeks now. Just waiting to find a deal I can't pass up!
Tim

It sounds like a used kettle is the way to go. I've got my work cut out for me. First, I have to get the wife on board with the pizza kettle. Then I have to convince her getting a dedicated kettle for it, is her idea. No problem, it just might take longer than I thought.

I just got an email from KettlePizza that says their product will be featured on the Steve Harvey show today. In honor of that they have a $25 off coupon for any KP package up on the KP site. Offer ends 4/19

I just got an email from KettlePizza that says their product will be featured on the Steve Harvey show today. In honor of that they have a $25 off coupon for any KP package up on the KP site. Offer ends 4/19

Thanks! I've been thinking about taking the plunge on one of these, and with the $25 off, I just might!

My lid bale rollers lasted one cook with the kettle pizza. Now I have a dedicated pizza kettle.

Glad I read these comments before even trying to use a KettlePizza on my Performer. If/when I get it, I'll definitely only use it on my spare 22 OTS.

Back