Overnight Butt Cook

Paige Anders

TVWBB Fan
I did an overnighter on Friday with 2 butts weighing just under 16 lbs total. I put them on the WSM at 9 pm with a mix of apple and pecan chunks. I used KB with a foiled clay saucer in the pan. The first butt was ready at 7:00 am and the 2nd was done at 8:20. I let them rest for about 30 min when I pulled them then wrapped them tight in foil. Put them in a cooler with beach towels until about 12:30. When I pulled them they were still hot and moist. Best pulled pork I've done yet. The rub I used was simple Salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder. Thanks for looking and for everyone's tips on other post

null_zpsc60dc7af.jpg

null_zpsece782b4.jpg

Butt #1
null_zps7c823cc7.jpg

null_zpsa728dae1.jpg

Butt #2
null_zpsfd993bc1.jpg

null_zpsd8b1d3ba.jpg

I need to take the leap and get a WSM, posts like this have convinced me.

They are awesome Mike. When I went to bed about midnight the smoker was running steady at 268. I got up at 5 to check the temp and spritz and it was sitting at 260. Went back to bed for a while and pulled the first one off at 7 am the temp was 262. (Meat was 195). At 820 when I pulled off the 2nd one the temp was still 262. I shut all the vents and there is still a lot of charcoal left. I love my 22.5 WSM

I think I will have to have my wife make some more slaw for the pork we have left. That is the perfect combination. Looks great.!!!!!

Back