One Touch Silver or One Touch Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason P

I have been looking on craigslist for the last couple weeks and have not been able to find a charcoal weber grill. I have a gasser that is on it's last legs and I will probably buy another one but I want a Charcoal grill in the mean time.

Should I get the one touch gold or one touch silver? Any MAJOR differences between the 22 and 26 model? Usually only cooking for two people

I had both a Gold and a Silver. I appreciated the Gold so much that I ended up converting my Silver to a Gold. Not sure about the 26, but I've found the 22.5 to be the perfect size when I grill for me and the wife. This allows plenty of room for side dishes as well (veggies, etc.). Also use this for when we have a few friends come over. For larger groups, I'm firing up my 18.5 and the 22.5.

I will basically echo the above.

If I could habve only a gold or silver, I would definitely have the OTG. However, if you are waiting on a cl deal, and a good OTS comes up, I would certainly take it.

As to the need for a 26, with a family of two there is no need to wait for one of those. Go with the first nice 22 you find and get grilling.

Having gone back and forth between silver pans and gold cans, I say go for the gold. Its worth it. The only time I lean open ash plate or "silver" is on a vintage twist ash pan kettle (pre mid 80s) for me.

Jason if there are only 2 of you to cook for, get the 22 Gold. I have a 26 and 22 but I cook for 4 people. Its not worth the extra $150 you'd pay for a new 26 ($299) vs a new 22 ($149).

Another vote for the gold. I converted my 22.5's from OTS to OTG with parts from eBay and am glad I did.

That said, a high sided disposable aluminum casserole dish works really well when you sit it on top of the silver's ash pan. That held all the ash I needed and didn't allow much if any to blow out. If all you can find for a decent price are silvers, then go for one and experiment with different containers in place of the ash pan.

Gold for sure and if you find a performer at a good price get it and you might forget about the gas grill all together.

The new 22.5 OTG has a lid hook. I have an older OTG with master touch kit that has side grill lid holder bar and thermo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back