One-Touch Platinum -Discontinued???

ChadRex

TVWBB Super Fan
I placed a call to Weber to inquire about their One-Touch Platinum, I was told that model has been discontinued!
Shocked! I have had my eyes on getting this grill for a while now.
I like it as a better option to the performer as it is more compact, and has a sturdier base than the One-Touch silver or Gold.

I wonder why Weber chose to discontinue such a great sturdy design.
I hope I can find one still.
How many here opted for the OTP over the performer series grills?

Are these still available anywhere

Hi Chad. The OTP with 2 side tables are discontinued, and replaced with a new version by Weber. I think the only reason they discountinued it was a version upgrade. I got lucky a few years ago and ended up with one - Brick Red color. It has its advantages, and certainly its disadvantages (indirect cooking being one of them). My Touch-n-go series Performer has and always will be my 'go-to' grill. OTP is my second choice just above my OTGs. You can still find them thru various online retailers (Amazon, Sears, and even Target - online). If you stay patient Target has had the Black color on sale for $199.00 plus free shipping (twice since 3/2013 thus far that I know of). Hope this helps.

Hi Chad. The OTP with 2 side tables are discontinued, and replaced with a new version by Weber. I think the only reason they discontinued it was a version upgrade.....

What version replaced the One Touch Platinum?

....It has its advantages, and certainly its disadvantages (indirect cooking being one of them).....

What are the disadvantages with the One Touch Platinum in regards to indirect cooking? Isn't the Grill the same 22.5" I have read some complaints of the way the lid doesn't have the built in tab to rest it on when opening, what other disadvantages? I do a lot of in-direct cooking so this is a concern of mine.

Last edited:
I have the OTP and have no complaints. I was lucky enough to find it on the Target website for $199. Keep check and someone usually post on here when they see it.

Don’t get me wrong Chad, when I say 'disadvantage', I say it comparison to my Performer. Nothing huge or a major Show stopper. The top vent is centered vs. Performer which is not, that make indirect cookers to have to bank charcoal on both side, instead of one side. The other issue is that it has only front handle vs., center handle as the Performer (OTG, etc) does. It just needs getting use to - that's all (can’t you tell that I am all about what I like more --> The Performer - haha).

Hope this helps.

I think I like the Performer Silver better as the table folds down for easy storage. Priced nicely at 229.00

Last edited:
I opted for the OTP

20130615_122045.jpg

I built a version of the OTP using a 26" kettle. I had an OTP and loved it. I like the fact the kettle opens up in front of you. The handle at the front is much sturdier and the lid slides into the lid holder at the back.

Gary S has fabricated the ultimatekettlecooker--26 inches and sturdy!

Steve thanks for your kind remarks.

Chad/Al

I was just thinking a bit outside the Box when I decided to build that. I have not used a Performer and yes the top vent for the Performer is offset instead of TDC but I never had an issue with LNS on my OTP. People rave about the propane lighter but there are many different starters like wax cubes, fibrous material all of which can get you going in about the same amount of time. I don't know how many times I have seen display Webers where someone has strong armed the lid handle and bent it cracking the porcelain. The front handle on the OTP is a much better idea in my mind. I see in the new JJ that they are now attaching a screw on lid handle which is a great idea. I think the OTP just never really caught on not like Performer but it really is too bad they did not save the design for the 26 and beef it up a little.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Gary,

You are a craftsmen, what a great table. Go ahead and ship me one so I can see if it will work. I promise to send it back???

Paul

Gary,

You are a craftsmen, what a great table. Go ahead and ship me one so I can see if it will work. I promise to send it back???

Paul

Thank you Paul. I hope you can come up with some ideas for your kettle. That colour is outstanding!

I placed a call to Weber to inquire about their One-Touch Platinum, I was told that model has been discontinued!
Shocked! I have had my eyes on getting this grill for a while now.
I like it as a better option to the performer as it is more compact, and has a sturdier base than the One-Touch silver or Gold.

I wonder why Weber chose to discontinue such a great sturdy design.
I hope I can find one still.
How many here opted for the OTP over the performer series grills?

Are these still available anywhere

Hi chad. I saw a platinum on craigslist for $120 it's in Simi valley though. I have one identical to it and use it 5 of 7 days a week since 2001. Good luck.

Back