Old Performer - Propane Tank

Photo1.jpg

I found this performer on CL for $75. I have been using it for a year or so. The propane has finally run out in the propane tank. Can you refill this small tank, or do I need to modify the valve in order to use a larger LP tank? Please advise best course of action.

Last edited:
It can be refilled, most propane dealers will have the quick disconnect adapter to do it.

I found this performer on CL for $75. I have been using it for a year or so. The propane has finally run out in the propane tank. Can you refill this small tank, or do I need to modify the valve in order to use a larger LP tank? Please advise best course of action.

Stick with the small tank. I have one on my SS performer as well.
If you don't have a station closer, go to Leroy's Auto on 90th Lyndale.
They have the adapter for it.

Last edited:
My SS performer that I picked up used about 4years ago has finally run out pf propane. I asked the guy at Pacer about refilling it. It is past the 12 year mark but has the triangular handle so he says if I take it in for "recertifcation" which is good for 5 years, he can refill it. I priced a new tank at HD which appears to be the same size, and it is about $50. So $6.00 for recertifcation plus the cost of the propane, I think I still come out a lot better!!!

I did get my propane tank refilled. I used it once and must have not shut her down completely and blew out the entire tank. I will have to take it in again.

Back