NO! thumb screws snapped off under the sweeper💩

Re: the 50/50 acetone & ATF mix...... you need to store it in a sealed can. A regular squirt can will allow the acetone to evaporate off, you'll need one with a threaded and o-ringed cap on the nozzle. And there's no need to buy expensive ATF, the absolute cheapest you can find (Ford branded would be good. :D )

Side note: Personally, I consider WD40 to *NOT* be a rust penetrant, and it's really not a good lubricant either. To break down corrosion, I keep a can of 50/50 acetone and ATF in the garage, as well as the obligatory can of PB-Blaster. Aerokroil is also some pretty darned good stuff, but it's a little harder to come by and is rather pricey.
WD-40 is intended for exactly what its letters indicate -- Water Displacement (Formula #40). People try to use it as a lube for some reason, I'm not sure why. And it's def not a penetrating oil.

WD-40 is intended for exactly what its letters indicate -- Water Displacement (Formula #40). People try to use it as a lube for some reason, I'm not sure why. And it's def not a penetrating oil.
Didn't even know that's what it stood for. Never thought to ask and no one ever told me hahaha thanks for that 🤣
Always have added a little squirt to squeaky hinges and what not.. and it worked on the 1 out of 3 cleaning kits that wasn't terribly corroded haha. Oh well. Lesson learnt for attempt #4 when ever that might be :p
Couldn't of saved the rest of the parts anyway so doesn't really matter in this case thankfully 😁

I believe this is the old ash sweep number. Give Weber a call and let us know it you can order it. It might be cheaper ordering directly from Weber.

So weber don't sell the original style anymore :( only the one on the left that goes with the newer model ash catcher boooo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221118_153702_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118_153702_Chrome.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 5

Back