No Foil No Problems (Spares)

Art R

TVWBB Super Fan
I just finished my second cook of spares without using any foil. In fact, I didn't put much effort into the cook after I put the ribs into the smoker.

I used the same P.Kirk rub as I did last time. I had them in the smoker for 5 hours.

The ribs came off looking nicely charred with a reddish brown color with some blackened areas. I assume it was the brown sugar that had carmelized since the temps were never more than 250 (briefly at beginning) and mostly around 235 , as measured from lid.

Darn good. Only problem is that I over seasoned them at the beginning. I was in a hurry and didn't think. They are a tad salty...not too much for my taste though. Nothing a good cold beer can't solve.

I only ate a few and the rest go with me to a superbowl party. If I were a betting man, I'd take Philly and the points. That means you should probably take New England...since I am usually wrong!

AR

Art. Good to see u smokin. I figured out a while back that less is more on the rub. Sounds like you had a good smoke. I ran 5 racks of BB today and my neighbor ran 6 racks on his ECCB. Also ran 2 drunken chicks on Kettle and pulled for quesadilla's for game.

Let me know if you want to sync up. I left my email on other thread.

Back