New Genesis II SE-435 Coming - Assembly Upgrade Tips?

Scott C.

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey guys, got a new gasser coming to replace the 4000. I've read a few threads, mostly on resto topics about upgrading the fasteners to stainless. Does anyone have the screw type/sizes/quantities you would need for the G2-4XX? Not sure if they are std or metric, but it would be great to avoid a bunch of trips back and forth. I'm also thinking about replacing all of the plastic push fasteners to ss bolt/nylock nuts as well. Any other tips on things to upgrade while doing the assembly? Perhaps spray the insides of the leg uprights with silicon or something else to help resist rust? All ideas will be much appreciated. TIA!

I don't have much experience with the Gen2 grills. But, I hope that Genesis 4000 isn't going to wind up in a landfill.

Check on Weber.com for the user manual. In years past they listed the specifications of the hardware in the user manual. As far as treating the frame, some parts of it get pretty hot. Perhaps a rust encapsulator or frame paint rated for high heat would be worth looking into. This one is rated to 400 degrees.
Eastwood Rust Encapsulator

Keeping it out of the weather in a shed or garage would go a long way as well.

Post pictures of it when you get it!

The 4000 is in great shape, but I cannot get the right burner tubes anymore. They claim the #7506 are the right ones, but after trying two sets, and a new regulater, this summer I couldn't get it over 420 degrees. The tech said the specs changed a bit but they should work. But before, it always had no problem getting over 475. So, it was time. 25 years was a good run. Once the new one is here, I might go deeper or just sell it. Any one interested, I'm in the NW Chicago burbs.

That said, I had read a few G2 resto posts and read about the issues with burner tubes holder bolts rusting, and a few other items, so I was hoping to be proactive and tackle these things up front, in hopes of getting as close to the life I got out of the 4000.

Last edited:
No matter I can "fix" that. Put some photos up. Honestly it's a FAR better grill than the new ones and I am sure yours simply has a clogged valve or bad regulator. In any case I would run it on NG so regulator would be gone, and valves would be cleaned and resized. Let me know and throw some photos up

Thanks Larry. Once I get the new one together, I'll focus on spending a little time on the 4000 and decide what I'm going to do with it. Can't run NG as it's too difficult to run a line out there.

Back