Need a sauce for party tommorrow...help!

Ron F

TVWBB Fan
Hey all,

Having a party tommorrow serving pulled pork(amongst many other foods cooked by other 'Dads')to about 60 people and need some sauces to go with it. I've never made my own just used store bought. I would like to offer a couple different kinds. I know it's impossible to please all the people all the time but I'm hoping I can please most...

There are so many sauce recipe's on this site I'm not sure which ones to go with. Anyone got an idea?

Thanks,
ron

In my opinion you cannot go wrong with No. 5. Seems to appeal to the taste buds of most too so it should be pretty safe.

Fruit based sauces are nice, especially when you have local product in season. So I would see if you have anything in your local markets that is really top shelf, and then ask Kevin to help you out with a sauce based on that ingredient.

Now that I think about it, I don't know that you'd have anything local at this time of year. An alternative would be to use a dried fruit that is representative of your area. For example, dried sour cherries would work really well. When I make bread or sauces from dried cherries, I usually call it "Door County Cherry Pecan Bread" or something like that to emphasize the local source and to create an image in the mind's eye of beauty and tranquility.

I think the #5 sauce is a very good sauce that most people will like. You can always add your own flair to it. Serve it on the side so they can judge for themselves. As you said, no matter what you make not everyone will like it but I think the #5 is a good choice.

Back