My Christmas Brisket-pics and more

Well we went away from tradition and I smoked a 15# brisket (I trimmed the hard fat so guessing teh cooking weight of 12?) instead of a ham this year. Just some back ground on the cook before the pics: Cooked on 22" WSM with dry bowl. Used my CyberQ set at 225*. Wood was 50/50 Pecan and cherry. The brisket went on at 4:30 PM on Christmas Eve and was done at 9:30 Christmas morning. I then cut the point for burnt ends and just finished them in oven.

The brisket trimmed and slathered with mustard-salt free cavandars-jack stack all purpose rub. Also injected with a mixture of apple juice and beef base.

This is CyberQ at about 6 hrs showing where I was

This is the heating trends shown by the App pitpal. Well worth the $5. Shows where i opened the lid to smoker and how meat steadily increased in IT.

This is the cook detail again using pitpal. This was 45 minutes from when I took the brisket off

Couple of final shots

And the burnt ends

Derrick,
Not only was this a Hi-Tech cook, but it looks down right delicious. Spot on, Brother!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!

Well we went away from tradition and I smoked a 15# brisket (I trimmed the hard fat so guessing teh cooking weight of 12?) instead of a ham this year. Just some back ground on the cook before the pics: Cooked on 22" WSM with dry bowl. Used my CyberQ set at 225*. Wood was 50/50 Pecan and cherry. The brisket went on at 4:30 PM on Christmas Eve and was done at 9:30 Christmas morning. I then cut the point for burnt ends and just finished them in oven.

The brisket trimmed and slathered with mustard-salt free cavandars-jack stack all purpose rub. Also injected with a mixture of apple juice and beef base.

This is CyberQ at about 6 hrs showing where I was

This is the heating trends shown by the App pitpal. Well worth the $5. Shows where i opened the lid to smoker and how meat steadily increased in IT.

This is the cook detail again using pitpal. This was 45 minutes from when I took the brisket off

Couple of final shots

And the burnt ends

I am picking up a WSM22.5 hopefully this weekend. It will be my first weber. what is the cyberQ it looks awesome? I'm guessing it has an app to. I'd like to buy that.

Sorry for late responses just started getting notifications today people replied to this.

The CyberQ is awesome. It is Automatic Temp Controller (ATC) CyberQ is wireless. So you can control you pit temp from anywhere, monitor the temp or food from anywhere. It is expensive but well worth it to me.

Back