Moving a Genesis E320

MarkMac

TVWBB Member
I came across someone looking to get rid of a Genesis (believe its an E320) in good shape, based off pics.

They will basically give it away if I can pick it up as they just want it gone. Taking it off their hands is a no brainier for free, however its 30 minutes away, and they mentioned its on a balcony of a third floor condo. They said I would need to move it, as they cannot help. Thus I now need someone else to assist (I assume).

Question: anyone have experience moving a fully assembled E320 down flights of stairs? Tips? Or can I take off a few items to easily get the weight down, or make it less awkward to move? I found a few listings of weights for the model, and they ranged from 160-180 lbs but I believe that's the box shipping weight.

Just want to be prepared when I arrive.

Last edited:
A couple of pins will release the lid but Im not sure that will make a whole lot of difference. I think two decently strong bodys can move it. it will be slow going but worth it in my opinion. of course, remove the tank if included.

A couple of pins will release the lid but Im not sure that will make a whole lot of difference. I think two decently strong bodys can move it. it will be slow going but worth it in my opinion. of course, remove the tank if included.

Cool, thanks. I watched some assembly videos and also noticed the doors pop off. Is the firebox only a couple bolts? I've rebuilt an old 1000 and the firebox had a couple tough bolts that took tine and patience.

Cool, thanks. I watched some assembly videos and also noticed the doors pop off. Is the firebox only a couple bolts? I've rebuilt an old 1000 and the firebox had a couple tough bolts that took tine and patience.

How did the move go? I just picked up a 2007 S-320 today and I took off the lid (not easy if they have some grease/smoke buildup) and also took out all the guts. The guts equated to the side burner burner pot holders, flavorizers, grates, and collection tray. I taped the doors and the side burner closed. After that two people could easily lift putting hands on key points.

Back