Minion-weed-method video

Damn,
Thats a little too extreme, dont ya think? I bet if my neibors saw me with a flame thrower. They would stay away from me.

I thought I went a little easy. And I doubt the neighbors saw me, but they very well may have heard me.
icon_wink.gif

Is that a real time video and if so, was that enough to get the fire started for a minion method cook?

Does that connect right to a grill type propane tank? What are those we use in a grill - 20lbs? How many lightings would you get out of a tank?

Frankly, looks like the perfect way to get a fire going - just not on a wooden deck
icon_biggrin.gif

That's real time. That's all it took to light it for a Minion start.

Yes, it connects to a regular 20lb propane tank. It won't work with one of the little ones.

I don't know how many lightings you can get out of a tank. The thing burns a lot of gas, but it doesn't burn very long to get the coals going. I also use it to clean my grates, which takes longer and uses more propane. If you do that, be sure to spray your grates with Pam after you wipe the ashes off, or they will rust very quickly.

Originally posted by tmfast:
Damn,
Thats a little too extreme, dont ya think? I bet if my neibors saw me with a flame thrower. They would stay away from me.

Mine already do...no flamethrower needed.
icon_biggrin.gif

Of course I do have the high pressure propane venturi burner for heat treating, I bet that could light some charcoal quick...
icon_biggrin.gif

burner-noflare-lit1.jpg

A few years ago my cooking partner and I were at a contest in Seattle and he was asked by a spectator when he saw our WSMs if we used the Minion method? My partner response was this is Minion and no he doesn't use it.

The truth is I have been using a weed burner for a few years now.

Jim

Originally posted by Jim Minion:
A few years ago my cooking partner and I were at a contest in Seattle and he was asked by a spectator when he saw our WSMs if we used the Minion method? My partner response was this is Minion and no he doesn't use it.

The truth is I have been using a weed burner for a few years now.

Jim
This has to be the quote of the year!
Thanks Jim

I have one, use it occasionally to make sure some of the unsavory neighbors don't bother me when I am smoking some of the more expensive meats.
icon_wink.gif

Kevin - a MM but not necessarily THE MM.
Incidentally I get better results from a "softer" flame and certainly less sparks. I keep meaning to construct a mini burner

Back