Marty Leach Wooden Handles

I saw this on the TVWB Facebook page. They are beautifully crafted; I just ordered two maple handles.
Thanks for the info, Chris!

w0w!
for 20 bucks a pop, i can get some daggum great lookin' steaks...
hmm, think i'll pass.
icon_frown.gif

saw them recently as well.

they look nice, but i'd rather have the original handle shape. not a fan of that curve (or the price)

Well, I think they're awesome. They may not be for everyone, but I admire the fact that the guy has tried to do something different, unique, and beautiful with these handles. I've certainly blown $25 on things that were more fleeting than this.
icon_smile.gif

It turns out Marty lives not too far from where I work, and I'm hoping to drop by and say hello and learn more about these.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. And Phil, yours are awesome, too, cuz you made them yourself.

Thanks all! When I made mine,the hole in the top wasn't quite centered,so they just don't quite line up perfectly. But I am more than happy with them. AND they were made from scraps,so it didn't cost a thing!

don't get me wrong. know marty from another list. his stuff is awesome. the price is more than fair. but some of us live on a tight budget so hard to justify that. plus i like to keep busy myself.

Originally posted by John Behrendt:
Marty just emailed me. I ordered my handle 2 hours ago and it's already carved! The first of a list of mods I'm looking at doing.
I visited Marty's shop yesterday and I saw your handles! You're gonna love 'em!

He's got an amazing shop and an amazing process he goes through to create these handles. And he's a super-nice guy and big BBQ and grilling fan. He showed me his BGE, his Weber Performer, a drum smoker he built, and a Santa Maria-style grill he's building. Good stuff.

Regards,
Chris

They may not be for everyone, but I admire the fact that the guy has tried to do something different, unique, and beautiful with these handles. I've certainly blown $25 on things that were more fleeting than this.

Ditto! I admire anyone who does quality work in the U.S. or anywhere else as I am not a bargin shopper per se when it comes to my passion/hobbies, and I am not afraid for them to make a profit with their investment.

I will be ordering several myself, just need to come up with some cool names first
icon_cool.gif

don't get me wrong, i think it's AWESOME that he's making them. They look like super high quality as well.

I just want the traditional handle... as close to original as possible.

Troy,if you are even a little handy,you can make your own! I used a table saw to rip the cedar to width,and a router table to cut the grooves and chamfers. Very easy and fun to do!

Back