Lunch and Dinner All In One

Barb D

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Had some left over popper mix, so I did some ABT’s with Sour Cream chips for lunch. Yummy!
DSCN3246_zpsjshk4paj.jpg

DSCN3248_zpsekeqhndk.jpg

Then for dinner I marinated the chops in lemon juice, honey, black pepper, apple juice, soy sauce and minced garlic for 5 hours. Saved the juices and boil for 5 minutes and basted the last 15 minutes 9of the cook. Did some simple grilled carrots with butter, red wine vinegar, nutmeg, S&P and fresh parsley.
DSCN3249_zpsaij81y0t.jpg

DSCN3252_zpsfczyzf6g.jpg

DSCN3257_zpscmyr9lue.jpg

DSCN3259_zpsrkntwjwl.jpg

Plated with side salad, delicious and simple for a hot evening.
DSCN3260_zpstxqefikc.jpg

Thanks for looking and enjoy your week-end.

Love the sound of that marinade. I've never used apple juice, but it makes perfect sense!

Looks tasty Barb. Can't wait to see what you cook when Rich turns you loose with a Vortex.:smilekettle:

Barb, that meal looks great and healthy at the same time.
I am thinking we should take up a collection to get Rich that Vortex.
Sorry for ganging up on you but a man does need his tools. :smilekettle:

Barb as always I'm floored by your cooking! Lovely meal. Looks delicious. What did you think about the nutmeg on the carrots?

Nutmeg on the carrots was great. You can get the recipe out of Weber's Charcoal Grilling Book Pg.210.

Hi Barb, I'm a noob here and I'm enjoying looking at yours and everyone else's food creations! I'm getting some great ideas. I couldn't help notice that the apple juice is in a ziplock bag. I'm curious if are you buying it in bulk or making your own and freezing it to use as needed? Thanks for sharing.

Hi Barb, I'm a noob here and I'm enjoying looking at yours and everyone else's food creations! I'm getting some great ideas. I couldn't help notice that the apple juice is in a ziplock bag. I'm curious if are you buying it in bulk or making your own and freezing it to use as needed? Thanks for sharing.

I buy a large container of apple juice or any juice and freeze it in my mini muffin pan. It make 24 at one time and they keep real well.

Barb, I like lemon juice, and apple juice, just never thought to put them together. Great plates!

Great stuff, Barb! That looks like a very satisfying and flavorful meal, and healthy enough to have a low guilt factor.

Back