Lodi BBQ Comp

David.... Wishing you Excellent Eats in Lodi !!!
Saturday is the KCBS Masters Series. I wonder if the KCBS Backyard is Friday ?
Either way, you have an Excellent Promoter ( Ben )and Excellent KCBS Reps ( Julie and Ian ) !
Enjoy it !

I love Lodi.
If I was in the area I’d stop by.
My step dad used to live there and we would have a blast wine tasting the area and checking out Lockford for some sausages and a good meal.
I’m sure you will be eating well 👍.

Hi everyone,
It was a great contest. Small Axe from Portland won. It drew from all over the state and nearby states too. We had a master judge from Minnesota in the tent. Tracy Allen and I staffed the Ambassador tent, I table captained the pro division and judged the backyard division (turkey, ribs and tri-tip). 33 pro teams and 11 backyard teams.20240427_174745.jpg

Hi everyone,
It was a great contest. Small Axe from Portland won. It drew from all over the state and nearby states too. We had a master judge from Minnesota in the tent. Tracy Allen and I staffed the Ambassador tent, I table captained the pro division and judged the backyard division (turkey, ribs and tri-tip). 33 pro teams and 11 backyard teams.View attachment 90047
Cool!

If we were still in the area (Copperopolis) I would definitely have stopped in. Luckily, we escaped <delete political comment> 22 years ago. Just couldn't afford to do business there but miss a lot of the people:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks to be a 'local' team I didn't know existed, since I stopped judging back in early 2020.
Overall - 29th place out of 34 teams.
I'll contact you later Donna.

Last edited:

Back