Liver and onions.

Wife's out of town so time to do something she hates
Some Arkansas beef liver soaked in milk and seasoned salt and BP. Carrots, instant mashed and some pepper gravy.
Pretty easy dinner for one, and spot on in flavor.
Sounds great Timothy!

Love liver & onions if cooked right. I marinate in buttermilk, dredge in seasoned flour then fry in bacon drippings or lard, with lots of onions and a bit of bacon. Just put some liver on my shopping list. Best way to screw it up is overcooking. Easy to do but we here should be able to avoid it.
Now you got me trying to decide between pepper or mushroom gravy :)

Liverwurst or Braunschweiger has to have spicy brown whole grain mustard and thinly sliced white onion for me.
Pickles on the side with chips.
Love a nice burger with a slice of Braunschweiger inside the patty. I can sit and eat 1/2 pound alone. Braunschweiger, Swiss & homemade sauerkraut, on rye with mustard & mayo makes a great sammich Too. Can you tell my mom was Pennsylvania dutch? :)

Love a nice burger with a slice of Braunschweiger inside the patty. I can sit and eat 1/2 pound alone. Braunschweiger, Swiss & homemade sauerkraut, on rye with mustard & mayo makes a great sammich Too. Can you tell my mom was Pennsylvania dutch? :)
Having posted hundreds of recipes here, can you tell my mom was also?

Love it, bacon grease to put it over the top, no organ meat is good for us supposedly but I like all of them, calf liver is what I like the best. Chicken livers are a treat once or maybe twice a year. getting shoulder surgery Monday and won't be able to cook for 6 weeks or so, reckon a diet will be ok as I need to lose some weight, wife doesn't like to cook much and had done very little in the last 25, said it's my fault lol. I like carrots but never thought about grilling them, wife might like it. Thanks for sharing,

Love it, bacon grease to put it over the top, no organ meat is good for us supposedly but I like all of them, calf liver is what I like the best. Chicken livers are a treat once or maybe twice a year. getting shoulder surgery Monday and won't be able to cook for 6 weeks or so, reckon a diet will be ok as I need to lose some weight, wife doesn't like to cook much and had done very little in the last 25, said it's my fault lol. I like carrots but never thought about grilling them, wife might like it. Thanks for sharing,
Mike, good luck Mon. Tell your wife I am here if I can be of any help 🥰

That’s pure soul food as far as I’m concerned.
Wifey will never make that for me and doesn’t even want it in the house so I have to find it on a dinner menu when I go out.
I like mine with a bit of sear on the onions.

There is a place in Rosarito Mexico called El Nido that serves venison liver and onions that they raise on their ranch.
That is my favorite meal while I’m down there.

Back