Lid Open detection failing

AWedmore

Hi,

I seem to have a problem with my lid open detection. The fan will start up for one second then die. This happens when my temp drops as well as when I manually turn on the open Lid detection. All other fan operations work without issue.

So far I've tried:

- A new SD card
- A New AT Mega
- A different fan and cable
- Setting the fan to 50%

Any ideas?

Thanks

Im not sure I understand your issue. If the Lid detect turns on then your blower is supposed to turn off for a desired amount of time(stock setting up to 240 seconds). The lid Detect has settings on the configuration page to allow you to control when and how long the lid detect will turn. The stock setting is 6% below pit setpoint and will stay on for 240 seconds if not manually turned of either by clicking Lid detect on the upper left of the graph page or by a left click of the button while on the main page on the lcd.

If you open the lid or if the temperature drops suddenly below the 6% it will trigger lid detect or if you click left on the button.

If your temperature starts dropping, the fan is supposed to kick in. Since it takes a few seconds for the temperature to drop past the open lid threshold, the fan will turn on for those few seconds until it goes past the threshold, then the HM goes into open lid mode and the fan turns off.

I'm not sure why the fan would turn on if you trigger open lid mode manually though, but if it's only turning on for one second, it's having a negligible effect.

Back