Left over brisket ideas

russell swift

TVWBB Super Fan
I've got about 2.5 lbs left over from yesterday's brisket. Looking for any creative suggestions for dinner tonight. No chili, and prefer not to have brisket sandwiches. I was thinking about shredding the meat and combining with a liquid (beef broth, BBQ sauce?). Wife suggested we throw it in the crock pot.

i shred it and use it in nachos.

i use half a jar of salsa and a small block of velveeta in my small crockpot. tortilla chips on the plate, cover with cheese, top with shredded brisket or chuck(as is was smoked no extra seasoning),sour cream and extra pickled jalapenos...yum

Russell - Leftover brisket around here if not for chili, is always chopped and used for some tacos/fajitas.

Russel, I put mine in a chopper, heated it up, with onions, mushrooms, cheese (your choice).. I used a mild yellow chedder. I then served it with eggs, and muffins for Breakfast. Just heat-up the amount you want, and freeze the rest. Yup, BBQ, it's the new breakfast !
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I was thinking about shredding the meat and combining with a liquid (beef broth, BBQ sauce?).
It's nice that way served over baked potatoes with some chopped white onion, scallion slivers, a touch of sour cream, and some freshly sautéed corn kernels cascading off the top. Good in or on twice-baked potatoes too.

I often dip toasted corn tortillas in freshly made enchilada sauce then fill them with guacamole or sautéed potatoes. Those get plated then I spoon over the top chopped brisket (that's been reheated in a little stock with a touch of butter) and sprinkle on cotija and scallion.

Last night we made brisket, dill pickle & white onion maki.

DSC_0648.jpg

We dipped them in warm vinegar based bbq sauce. The rolls were room temperature so the heated sauce added a nice contrast.

DSC_0665.jpg

We also made spring rolls with pulled pork and cole slaw inside. Dipped them in english mustard mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with bbq sauce.

Brisket is a great leftover.

Jeff, you get the award for most original use of leftover brisket. And it looks good too. Kudos!

I used my some of my leftover brisket for BBQ pizza. It was really good. I will probably use the rest tonight for another one.

Nachos are always good as well.....

Later,

Eric

Back