Kingsford using the hidden price increase?

Danny Ward

Went on my weekly Sam's Club visit last week here in Kansas City and noticed they were completely out of the 21.6 lb Kingsford twin pack. Went back a few days later since I used the last of my supply only to find the twin pack replaced with two 20 lb bags of Kingsford. Of course the bag states "Burns the same time as 21.6 lbs!" I know they did this a few years ago with the grooves and was always skeptical, but this time they didn't even try to pass it off with new 'features'....

Any one else notice this change? If so, can anyone validate Kingsford's statement on the packaging?

Excellent info. I didn't see the 2010 Kingsford page on here Chris, but thanks for being ahead of the game once again! Kingsford should post something similar on their site for people like me that almost immediately assumed it was a gimmick to save a few $. Either way, a few bucks isn't going to push me away since nothing else compares.

John, that looks to be a rock solid review. I'm curious to see how it really performs inside the WSM this weekend...

Thanks again for the info!

Hmm, after reading the reviews and examples I may have to give the new 2010 stuff a try. That might be a little hard to do since I still have 24 bags in the garage from last year. (Now all we need is some more of the $6 off coupons.)

still makes me really wonder that as soon as they give you the new improved better with less the price has a good jump. its called marketing and they are good at it. mercedes used to change the part numbers on a part that was the same and would jack up the price big time. basically the same thing.

Hmm according to Chris’s page the new briquettes are lighter than the old ones. Which seems true due to the weight of the new bag.

However the other review has pictures of them weighing more.

I’m a lump guy anyway.
-Joe

$12.99 for the two pack starting today and I think through the weekend at Home Depot.

Reg Kingsford.

Thanks for the links and info.

Maybe a section for charcoal discussion would help us all. Just a thought.

Back