Just bought a partyQ for WSM 225...any tips?

Scotty T

Just ordered today. What high heat tape should i use to seal it up?
i went to lowes and menards and the only high heat tape i could find was up to 300 degrees.

will that be ok?

thx

the party q comes with enough tape to cover the vents. I have one for mine. Works great but you better stock up on.aa batterys,

how long does it run on a fresh set of batteries? you saying you have to change them out during a cook? planning on doing some overnight cooks..so 10-12 hours.

Its all in how you set your other two bottom vents. We live here in the cold and i use it as a safe guard on over nighters, You can get two maybe three cooks off a set of AA. An arrow on the top left of screen will point up when the AA batteries are getting low. Sometimes yes youll have to change em out during a cook but it remembers your settings. Thing is real easy to use,

Yes, buy extra batteries and have a small screwdrive handy when the batteries need replacing. The screwdriver is required to access the batteries. Also, I have found that when using an ATC the temps tend to spike up quite quickly when opening the lid for more than a few minutes, such as when flipping over the meat. So 10 minutes before opening I turn the unit off: the temps drop, but I don't get the temp spike. Other than that, the PartyQ works great.

Back