just a thought?...OVERNIGHTERS

Dan H.

TVWBB Pro
Well I searched pretty well and didn't see anything so forgive me if I missed. I just have been seeing 22 inch wsm users waking and loading another 3/4 pounds of kingsford in the morning hours during overnight cooks. Well I havn't logged on for literally years but fairly recently I purchased a 22 inch and have never smoked w/ it any differently overnight since i've had it. You guys need the sleep so try this:

Load full ring of charcoal (not to tight now...let the air get through the charcoal) of the 22 incher flat with the top then ,stack your 18" wsm charcoal ring on top of that (yes it sits on the coal like a pyramid) and fill it halfway with Kgsfrd (full if you want but I cant imagine burning a fire for that long for anything!)

assemble and minion method start aiming for 235.

last big cook was 4 large pork butts but they sold 2 together and didn't notice the weight but they were big and fed several people for my reception a while back. Thats a lot of cold meat and area..but still no problem at all. Dudes, this burns forever and when i'm done 16 or whatever hours later theres still ALOT left and all I do is sleep and in the morning french press some coffee and watch the birds. My sloppy smoker is new and loose and fits poorly and wont choke the coals dead so I pull off the middle section and HD foil the top of the bowl and put the lid on top of that instead to kill them. You gotta sleep good in order to eat good the next day! I assumed this idea would have been one of the first or I would have said.. hope it helps. If its in here somewhere sorry to beat a dead horse.

*edit. It appears that I was seeing this only w/ guys using water sorry. but hey guys who use water.. give it a try.

Last edited:

Back