It's hot...

Martin S

TVWBB Member
Temperatures here in central Texas have been well over 100 degrees all week - 107 yesterday. I need to pull out the WSM, set it in the sun, and see how hot it gets inside. I may be able to cook some meat without the use of charcoal.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Martin, i know how you feel, down here in Duval County its been over 100 the last 3 weeks, heat index hitting 115-120 steaming.

yikes! we had a couple days that the temp was around 100 and heat index over 100 but we are mostly sitting in the upper 80s here but GROSS humidity!

The good news: It's cooling down to 95 on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The bad news: Right back to over 100 after that...

Funny you asked that question. I'm in Dallas and was home for lunch today when I decided to check on my new WSM the wife and kids got me for Father's day.

I was curious about the heat inside. When I removed the cover, the thermometer read just shy of 150!

I heard 140 or so is good for jerky.

Gotta try it some day

Its been hot here in Az. Getting up to about 115 during the day. I left my WSM out over night a few night ago and the next afternon the temp was up to about 150! I was thinking about using it to dry out some fresh herbs.

Wow. You guys are toasty.
icon_redface.gif

Here in central Illinois, we've been unseasonably cool- 60s and 70s all week. 'Course, we were 95 for about a week in May/early June.

Here in the Virginia Shenandoah valley, smoking two butts and a brisket, No breeze, a nice warm 72 degrees evening I now appreciate it even more!

Back