ISO Lid Handle For Platypus

Kelly C

TVWBB Pro
This may be a long shoot but wondering where I can get a replacement plastic handle for a Weber Platinum (aka Platypus) charcoal grill? Here is a picture (not mine) of one for a visual:

Attachments

• IMG_9750.jpeg
    IMG_9750.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 13
There are a few out there but people are - understandably - reluctant to let them go.
When I first got my platypus, one was offered for sale to me and I eagerly accepted. But after getting stonewalled for a bit, I decided he must have changed his mind and was hoping I'd just go away. So I did. 😁

Several people have gone with wood handles and they look SUPER nice. That might be easier to accomplish if you're not married to the idea of the OEM handle.
Good luck, either way!
Have you had this grill a while, or did you lock down the one that was in BA this weekend?

Thanks for the quick responses. I had not considered a wood handle replacement and like the idea. I picked up a 22” WSM the other day and the seller said I could have this for free:) I r is in real good shape. Just needs a new handle and a good cleaning.

View attachment 86691
Kelly, I think I am not going to like you!😉 You can have it for free! Raspberries!!!
That’s so cool! Have someone make you a mahogany handle, it would look great! I’m still considering picking through my cabinetmakers scrap and make a set of wood tables. Maybe some curly maple and stain it like a Gibson mandolin!

Back