IP Help

Larry Naylor

TVWBB Member
Have a HM that is several years old and it worked fantastic (thanks Bryon) Haven't used for several month Knee replacement with complication's then a case of covid, now I'm ready for some ribs. Snow or shine! Slight problem connect tablet to HM through app, only change was a new modem spent 4 phone calls and 2 hrs. on phone to get them to turn off Wi-Fi on it. I just love Windstream. The trouble i have is that the app tries to connect to 192.168.68.63. but the hm has an address of 192.168.68.55. If I use that on the tablet search it connects, how do I change either one? Be gentle on me I'm not very computer savvy

<scratches head> That's either a hard coded IP address, or it's still connected to a network somewhere. What are your other addresses in the house?

I believe that's a hard coded ip address. Whenever I have to do a full-blown restoration of the device, format sd card, and install latest firmware, I always get the ethernet connection showing 192.168.201.1

J Kalchik
You were close.
Great big update this all started after I got a new router, and despite the specs on the PI zero it is not compatible with a 5g router( stumbled on this by accident on the internet) . When I set up the new router the 2.4 and the 5g were given the same name and pass words. What i had to do was give them different names so the HM would connect to the 2.4 g router. The problem i was having with the error message was do to a brain fart on my part. I had forgotten that the HM and the laptop had to be on the same network, so once I moved the laptop to 2.4 from 5, Houston we no longer have a problem here. So I'm happy I figured out by my self. Guess this gray haired guy can do some computer stuff. ( Wish the computers had tubes in them), them I know. No smoke and mirrors, just light and heat. Now if I can figure out how to add a short cut on my cells home page to take me to the HM like my tablet does Cant remember how I did it another gray hair moment. Well It's after 5 so makers mark time. This was also posted in the post about PI Kaput

Back