Info about smokeing

GeraldCurry

TVWBB Fan
I hope this did come as duplicate, i couldnt find if it took on the site. I like to place some bakeing potatoes on lower rack. Has anyone while smoking their ribs, chicken, or roasts. did this. If anyone has how did they turn out. Or isnt it such a good idea??I was going to throw about 4 on.Just looking for some of your suggestions as their some innovative cooks here w/ alot experience. Im just learning lol
jerry

Well i cant se the problem. A little dripings wont hurt. But big taters on a low´n´slow grill will take a long time. I bake taters on the grill all the time. And smoke wont make em bad...Cant imagine that drippings would eather. Report back on this one pls. And good luck!

Thanks i think ill cook on grill and then place in smoker for the last hour or so see what happens . Got to try never know what might comeout lol
jerry

You could also(Gasp) nuke em for a bit to take the rawness off.
I've put em on the bot rack and they do take awhile. Set em around the perimeter on the top rack in the hot zone and they don't take as long.
2-3 hrs depending on cook temps.
I've done chick over the top and as long as the chick is cooked till proper temps before you remove the taters than thar grate esp with some chick fat dripping on em!

Tim

Back