Igniter fix Geb silver B but probably generic

James M-B

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi, I've been meaning to post this for ages but had trouble posting the pic.

I had given up on the ignition on my Gen silver and used a lighter through the hole. One day I decided to give her a spring clean and removed the grates and flavouriser bars to find a corroded igniter enclosure. It was still sparking fine but not igniting the gas.

Solution - had a small tin of refried beans for lunch, it could have been tuna but the beans had a better tin size!
I bent the tin section to replace the corroded igniter enclosure and bingo - it all worked again - minimal cost and effort and a great result.
Here's a picture of the way I bent the tin before I clipped it on. Apolgies but I forgot to take pics before I put the grill back together!

IMG_1126.jpg

If Weber doesn't have the parts you need, there are companies that supply replacement parts, even for older cookers:

Amazon.com Grill Parts

AllPartsGrills.com

ApplianceFactoryParts.com

BBQParts.com

BBQSource-Store.com

ereplacementparts.com

HomeDepot.com

GrillParts.com

Grill-Parts.com

GrillStuff.com

OutdoorHome.com

There's something different about the igniters on some older genesis grills. I have a 2000 or 2001 Silver C and the igniters they stock at Home depot for The Genesis Silver models don't fit my model year exactly. Weber has had the correct part whenever I've had a need to replace the igniter. The shield seems to be the first part to need replacing. When the shield rusts out the igniter itself will gunk up and then they stop working.

Back