I will just leave this here

Rick Bayless has one. It burns gas plus wood or charcoal. The grates are laser cut solid stainless and close to 1/2" thick, Everything is solid 304SS, fully welded, IIRC cast SS burners, they're absolute tanks. That thing has so much SS it's likely worth $800 in scrap metal! Likely weighs well in excess of 500# too. Man if you can snag that for $800 or even less that is an awfully amazing grab

I had a performer that only had very small spots of flaking, took a bunch of photos from every angle known to man and sent it in. well i heard nothing, so a follow up Email still nothing, so i called told the CS agent the story she put me on hold for about 10 minutes and then said i found your Email, and after checking you photo of your data plate and S/N it is over 3 years old so we do not cover this damage any longer only 3 years.

a few years ago that would have been covered, good part is the folks really want this grill and bought anyway so I am good.

I’ve not seen one of these Platinum kettles before but I’m new to this
View attachment 89711
A personal favorite of mine. It was apparently not a marketing success, and some disliked the front opening and top vent in the middle. To me, it is a great setup for grilling in a modest footprint.

I have posted before, but I did a custom rehab of mine - and now am having a hard time convincing myself to cook on it!

Front View.jpeg
Inside Stainless Grates.jpeg

Wheel Close Up.jpeg

Last edited:
A personal favorite of mine. It was apparently not a marketing success, and some disliked the front opening and top vent in the middle. To me, it is a great setup for grilling in a modest footprint.

I have posted before, but I did a custom rehab of mine - and now am having a hard time convincing myself to cook on it!

View attachment 89716
View attachment 89717
Yours is the most beautiful one ever! I did have one and thought the front only handle made it awkward to lift. If I had kept it I would have needed to put another handle on top. I have never been a fan of Weber's Slide-Aside Lid Holder and think this grill would have benefited from a hinge.

Great price for one, too bad its cross country from me. Jon, you should use your, then clean it up like Tom Horseman does with all his grills. His look immaculate.
I love to point out Tom's overflowing garage - "In the Land of Grills" to my wife so she can see there are actually people addicted even more than me! But, yes, his always look spic and span. I saw where he sold his Weber Master Touch Premium on FBM for a very fair price, particularly since it was in perfect condition. I would have been tempted to get in on that, in part just to meet him in person and shoot the breeze.

View attachment 89716
View attachment 89717

View attachment 89718
Nice. Nice work. Even the grain direction is perfect. Nicely done.

Nice. Nice work. Even the grain direction is perfect. Nicely done.
Tony,
Thanks for the compliment. I am no faux finish painter, but with those wood handles I felt the gray tables looked out of place. So, I decided to take a stab at it using a cheap set of tools from Amazon. Remains to be seen how well it will hold up under real use.

Back