I bought my 26.75 inch kettle a friend (cast iron grate.)

Justin W

TVWBB Pro
We purchased (and by "we purchased" I mean "I purchased while my wife rolled her eyes at me as I tried to explain to her why we 'need' this") a Craycort CI grate tonight.

I can't wait! UPS trucks are so dang slow. It's been 22 minutes since I ordered it and it still isn't here?!?!
icon_wink.gif

HAHA i know how you feel Justin.

I contacted the swedish primo seller and asked for a complete prize includin everything i want.

My wife said : "i have herd the last grill we ever need before."

Hard to make that statement a positive thing.

Dont get me wrong i love my webers.

But a primo would make everything even better!

Justin, your wife's doubts re: the need for the Craycort grate will vanish with her first bite of the first steak you pull off of that grate.

Wives are funny. I used to have a big whole hog cooker (eastern NC style), a gas grill, a weber master touch, and a smokey joe. I sold the pig cooker and bought a wsm. I sold the master touch and bought a SS performer off craigslist. I sold the gasser just because. And I gave the joe to a needy friend. So grill-wise I'm much lighter. My wife not-so-secretly longs for me to cook consistently on the grills, and brags and loves the results, but when I long for a toy or an accessory I get the rolled eyes and/or snide comments. Things that make you go, "Hmmmmmm."

So my grates came today. I was very excited because I've been looking forward to this all week. Then I opened the box and the disappointment started to set in. The ring isn't the correct size. When I put the grates in, they don't sit down in the ring correctly. Also, one of the grate inserts got smashed in shipping. Check out the pictures. See how the plates don't fit are are sticking up in the middle?

imagercwv.jpg

By hogsfan at 2011-01-26

imagemjc.jpg

By hogsfan at 2011-01-26

I contacted the company and he assured me he would take care of it. He just asked that I send him a picture of the problem areas. I sent these pictures this afternoon. I haven't heard back from him yet but it was end of the day so I'm assuming I'll hear from him tomorrow. Customer service is big for me. It's one of the reasons I'm willing to pay more for Weber products. Stuff like this seems to happen a lot in the BBQ world so it's important to me that a company stands behind their product so it will be interesting to see how they handle this.

I will keep you guys posted on how this works out.

Bummer! I have a feeling everything will be alright though. Especially if Larry Wolfe gets wind of it. Hang in there. If they send you a replacement send that one my way and I'll give it a try.
icon_biggrin.gif

They followed up with me this morning with a few more questions. The issue hasn't been resolved yet but I feel like they will take care of it.

Why would they even ask u anymore question's just make it good, imho these grates are to thin for a quality cast iron grate.

Originally posted by Noe:
Why would they even ask u anymore question's just make it good, imho these grates are to thin for a quality cast iron grate.

So I take it you've bought them and then sent them back?

Back