How to Store?

Todd C

This has probably been posted before but Ill ask anyway. When not using smoker, do you leave all vents open?? Just bottom vents? No vents at all?? I live in Nebraska where I will not be smoking much when it turns cold...well, maybe sometimes :) I have been just putting the cover on and open bottom vents...Just wanting to stay away from possible mold during storing..

ToddC, I live in Nebraska as well, because of the high humidity and the cold winters we have here you do not want to leave your vents open. Close all vents, and stick the cover on, after that you can either store outside or in a shed. If your worried about Mold go purchase one of those "evaporation holders" they are used for guns to make sure water doesnt get in and cause rust, and throw it on one of your grates over some tin foil. Hope this helps man and keep smokin.

Brian

i crack open one bottom vent and the top vent, then put the cover on and store it indoors in my garage. it gets used maybe once a month, and so far haven't had any problems storing it this way (owned it for over a year).

What about disassembling it and storing pieces on the shelf in a shed? I am going to face a similar issue this winter. I might (gasp!) even store it inside the partially heated boathouse.

Tom,
Your whole issue in the winter is the air/water which gets on there. I would not recommend taking it apart and just storing it on a shelf. If you were to go with that idea I would put a bag over it and seal up the bag after tossing some of those silicon water evaporators inside the bag. I personally just store mine in the house in the basement with the cover on during the winter.

Back