High Heat Brisket: Point Options?

Dupree

TVWBB Fan
Hi Folks first Brisket tomorrow, the cooking section states to throw the point back on the grill for burnt ends or freeze it for later following the high heat cook. Are these my only options?

After the high heat cook will I be able to slice and serve afterward?

Excuse my ignorance, I am from SC and BBQ=Pork, been to texas once, to the Salt Lick outside Austin, and otherwise had crap brisket in various other places. No direct experience working with or seeing it worked.

Thanks for your help

I've never made a whole brisket, only flats, but I can't see any reason not to eat it. I'd still like to try burnt ends, though.

I usually like to cook the point a bit longer than the flat as it has more fat to render (roughly an hour). I usually make burnt ends but sometimes I chop it up for chopped beef sandwiches and loaded baked potatoes with chopped beef.

-Don

I start slicing from the tip of the flat and keep going right through to the other end, point and all. If the brisket is tender you don't have to worry that much about the direction of the grain. You will get a little more fat at the point end but I don't see that as a problem.

Dupree, if you don't make Burnt Ends, you will go onto my Black List.

You will NEVER regret it!

MAKE THOSE BURNT ENDS, DUDE!!!

Back