Hi from Pennsylvania

T. MERK

I've been a Weber user for many years dating back to my college years when I assembled them for various big stores(Sears, Walmart, Target etc) for extra money to buy books. I immediately noticed how well they are built and the great quality that a Weber grill possesses. I've produced many great steaks and burgers from my Webers throughout the years. After butchering beef and pork the last few yrs. with my buddy and then smoking some of it made me begin to research smokers. I began with Weber and have looked at reviews and comments and decided to purchase my first WSM! It has been shipped from Amazon a few days ago so I'm like a kid waiting to drive a car for the first time! I'm very excited and I'm glad to be a part of this Weber community. Any suggestions of food to smoke for this first timer? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks,

Todd :wsm:

Welcome to the forum T.
To start, IMO, you should season the smoker, to degrease it. So i just throwned 2 lit chimneys and my heaviest smoking wood (mesquite) and run it for 2 heavy hours smoking session w/o waterpan. After this i started smoking normally whatever i like.

Hi all! Got my new 18.5 WSM all together and ready for the 4th. Had a slight problem, there was a defect in the porcelain finish in the lid but weber is sending me a new one. Going to do a test run tomorrow with scrapple and liver pudding(it's amazing smoked). For the 4th I plan on doing a few racks of babys on the top and some chicken quarters on the bottom. Pics to follow! Happy 4th everyone!

Back