Hello there!

Dale Matlock

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Dale Matlock, I'm currently a Chief in the Navy's finest submarine force, and am currently stationed in VA., been married for 15yrs, and have 2 kids. I've been a long time lurker of this website and I have been bbq'ing now for about the last 4-5yrs. In the past my pits have ranged to cheap propane smokers, to cheap offsets....which turned out some decent Q. But my life has been completely transformed since I bought my first Weber Smokey Mountain 18" a year ago. My family became quickly addicted to my Q and I fell in love with my new pit....

I then began stockpiling on accessories, thermometers, charcoal, etc. But then I came to a crossroads and wouldn't ya know my wife was in total agreement with me...and so we went and bought my 22" WSM as well.

Throughout all of this I have developed a rather strong addiction. I get selected to cook for all holidays, events for the command and people have been building my confidence and now I am starting to debate competition Q.

You all have been wonderful mentors and I thank you all for the wealth of knowledge you have provided and I hope I can give back to this site as much as it has given me.

I will post some pics over in the photo gallery ��

-Dale-

Last edited:
Welcome Dale.

You're in good company of addicts here. (I have learned so much from the folks on here).
I'm the same as you, I get asked to Q all the time from family & friends. Lazy freeloaders!! :D

Back