Hello from Ottawa, Canada

BuddyRich

Ive been grilling for about 20 years now, primarily a gas griller though i did go through a charcoal phase with a smokey joe about 10 years back.

I used to be a broil king guy... in those 20 years ive gone through 2 crowns and a signet as my main grills but picked up a baby q about 5 years ago for the travel trailer and am thoroughy impressed with it so decided to upgrade to a new genesis e325s when it was time to replace the Signet.

Still have to actually assemble my new bbq, just waiting for the weather to turn. Getting a little snow here today in what has otherwise a mild winter, which has given me the grilling itch.

Once summer hits grill somthing pretty much every day... chicken, chops, steaks, burgers sausages. plank some salmon... the grill basket usually on for veggies if they arent done directly on like asparaghus or zucchini

One thing i want to try more with this new grill is slow roasting brisket or pork, maybe smoking with a smoker box... and more racks of ribs... find i just dont do ribs that often, but maybe because they are better in a smoker or charcoal kettle... so will be looking for recipes and techniques on those.

Welcome Buddy, this is a great place for a Weber enthusiast lots of very helpful and knowledgeable people here.
"Buddy Rich" I think I heard that name before 🥁.

Last edited:
Welcome Buddy, this is a great place for a Weber enthusiast lots of very helpful and knowledgeable people here.
Buddy Rich, I think I heard that name before 🥁.

Thanks for the welcome.

It's actually Edmund, though my dad had Ed and Eddie locked up for himself and thankfully Junior never stuck so Bud or Buddy it became. :)

I'd like to think that the drummer was my namesake but my parents weren't jazz fans and had no idea who he was. I'd never even heard of him myself until Neil Peart of Rush released a tribute album to him in the 90s...

Welcome Buddy and bring on your questions, we have some awesome cooks and always willing to help. Looking forward to seeing your cooks.

Welcome Buddy, from the East coast of Canada. Looking forward to you sharing your experiences with the new Weber and never be afraid to ask questions on here. It’s a friendly group.

Welcome from the West Coast Buddy.
I am glad to see we have a growing population of Canadians here.
I’m 48km from Victoria BC.

Back