Hello from Newfoundland, Canada!

JeffH

I have been lurking the forums & TVWBB Site for years now, and I finally decided to create an account.

I purchased my first grill when myself and my wife purchased our first home in 2011, a Broil Mate Gasser. Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) the grill blew over during a windstorm last winter and was damaged beyond repair.

I decided to take the plunge into the world of charcoal! I picked up a Weber 22.5 OTG with a Smokenator. After a few months I decided it was time to upgrade to a larger capacity smoker. After much online research, I narrowed my search down to the 22.5 WSM & the Pit Barrel Cooker.

I went with the PBC and have had much success with this smoker, but in retrospect I think the WSM might have been the better way to go. I really wish I was able to set temp on the PBC, and choke out the fire at the end of a cook.

I hope to continue to learn about great BBQ and to grow my skill set. I also hope to grow my collection of grills (just no one tell my wife). I would like to add a Weber Q320, 22.5 WSM, & Smokey Joe over the next couple of years.

Finally, some pics of my grills and the deliciousness they have helped me create!

rs4kk6.jpg

My babies.

dfavlg.jpg

Some MOINKS.

rt1hg4.jpg

Rack a ribs & some baked potatoes.

acbfig.jpg

Smoked roast beef w/ baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and asparagus!

Welcome to the board. Obviously that pic of the grills was taken during the summer. Bet it's pretty cold up there about now!

Welcome Jeff! Good to see another Canadian on this site, especially one from "The Rock!"

Some great looking photo, too!

CM

Thanks for the welcome guys. Don't worry Bob, I have them safely stored between my shed and fence, with the covers tied down.

I'm a little late to the party, but welcome to the site, Jeff, and may you create even MORE creations on your beautiful toys! Also, it's great to see even more BBQ'ers from our friends to the north. My father-in-law is Canadian (now American; he says he's an AmeriNuck), and I've learned a great deal about your wonderful country over the years; even visited several times.

Thanks for sharing!

Barret

Welcome Jeff, I am also from Newfoundland and I am on the Avalon Penisula. Hope you and your family fared well through the blizzard and power outages last week.

Back