Hello from Guelph, Ontario Canada!

PetefromGuelph

Hello from sunny Guelph Ontario Canada. Well, the suns out but the temps are still way too low! Anyways, just a quick thread to introduce myself. Name is Pete, 32... think that's it lol. Oh married 3 kids, living the dream.

We are moving into a new place at the end of June that will actually have a backyard we can have free reign on! We are moving from a condo where every decision is made by committee and our yards are all open at the back for access. Oh its also a townhouse. Anyways, with this new backyard comes all sorts of new possibilities. After an exhaustive amount of research, I have decided that a Genesis CEP-330 will be joining us in the new home. After going and looking at the Spirit (my wife wanted to "feel" the difference) the decision was made right away. We will be getting it in the "Smoke" colour. Super excited! We are upgrading from a TRU-Infrared 2 burner "grill" that has kind of been a joke. Looking forward to learning about what grilling really is.

So with that in mind, we are planning a deck that will be going onto the house pretty quickly after move in. As I am looking to be more active outside and grill a lot more, I would like a dedicated little area for the Q to sit, and maybe have some cabinets and a prep surface close at hand. Currently scouring the internet for ideas etc.

Thanks for reading and great to be here!!

Pete

Welcome Pete! Enjoy your new home and new grill. I knew a guy from Guelph who loved the game of golf almost as much as he loved life.
His name was Jerry Jamieson. He was the best golfer in Ontario in 1957. He moved down here for a job, raised a family and later had a bad
stroke that left him paralyzed, unable to walk, use of his arms or to speak. Yet he was determined to golf again. After much rehab he was able
to walk with a cane, but never regained the use of the 1 arm. That did not stop him, he was full of spirit, and was the best 1 armed golfer you
ever saw.

Welcome to the forum Pete. Congrats on the new home and living the good life. You might also give some thought to occasionally cooking with charcoal. Sounds like you will have the room and no one to object. Enjoy your new life.

Thanks guys! Currently looking at options for a small simple outdoor kitchen. Anyone have a mini fridge outside near the grill? Worth it?

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Back