Heavy duty rod style replacement grates.

Justin W

TVWBB Pro
I just bought some heavy duty rod style stainless steel grates.

I've gone back and forth between the stainless and the cast iron. In the end, I decided it will be nice variety over the CI griddle that has permanently found a home on the left side of my grill. Plus, anything is going to be an improvement over the porcelain enamel steel I've currently have.

Anybody use this type of grate? I hear they are pretty common on the summits. If you've used them, what are your thoughts?

I'm interested in how these work for you, I have always thought about getting the summit grates for my genesis but was unsure they'd fit.

These seem like they are made to fit the genesis and should hold more heat than the thin stainless grates I have now.

I will let you know how it goes D. They ship out today from CA (I'm in Dallas) so I should have them by Friday.

The box weighs 19 pounds! That's amazing to me.

Even though this was a great deal, they were still expensive. My hope is that they will be the last grates I will every have to buy for the gasser.

Anyways, I will keep you posted.

Got these for my Genesis Silver B about 8-14 months ago. They work well. They take a little longer to heat up, but leave killer marks. Mine show very little (if any) wear and tear. I also got the heavier flavor-izer bars.

The thicker rods also seem a little harder to clean off, but that's a minor gripe.

Enjoy them!

Back