Has anyone ever changed out the Summit table for the legs?

RyanJoseph

I have one of the original Summit Charcoals, I bought it right when it came out initially. Over time, I have wanted to change my set up. I still adore the grill but I'd love to swap the table for the legs so I can use my space differently. Weber couldn't give me any idea what to order when I asked so looking for any advice.

I have one of the original Summit Charcoals, I bought it right when it came out initially. Over time, I have wanted to change my set up. I still adore the grill but I'd love to swap the table for the legs so I can use my space differently. Weber couldn't give me any idea what to order when I asked so looking for any advice.
I’d recco you find the build instructions online for the Summit Charcoal gen 1. Idk if Gen 2, the Weber Summit Kamado legs would work due to the built in gas assist lighter.

If Gen 2 does fit, you’d need the base ring that holds the lower bowl, all three legs, the leg rack support which would give structural rigidity to the legs, wheels and possibly the 3 hook tool holder, although that might fit as is from your table version.

The bowl free floats in the stand's retaining ring, so you can probably order the stand parts if you give the part numbers off of the schematics available on Weber's website, and then move your bowl over.

The bottom section of the current model E6 is slightly different (three heavy casters instead of two large wheels and a single caster), but I believe the top retaining ring is identical to the older model.

The main issue would be moving the propane starter over. You might need to get a new burner tube, and you'd need all the pieces to mount it on the stand. I believe the parts are contained in groups 26-32 here: https://www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics/print/18301001

I’ve seen somebody in NJ on marketplace selling just the bottom part for $300. Might be cheaper than buying the separate parts from weber and you could easily sell the portion of your grill you don’t use.

I’ve seen somebody in NJ on marketplace selling just the bottom part for $300. Might be cheaper than buying the separate parts from weber and you could easily sell the portion of your grill you don’t use.
Link attached, actually in Jamaica NY

I'm sure someone would happily buy the leftover parts. Shipping probably would make it a nonstarter, but if you were in my area I'd definitely buy your unneeded parts to tinker with 😅

This topic is probably the biggest reason I never pursed an E6, I simply couldn't figure out a configuration to fit in my outdoor kitchen island. BGE & KJ both offer very short legs that can rest easily in an outdoor island configuration. I opted to stay with a couple of 22" Weber kettles with modified legs to suit my needs.

Link attached, actually in Jamaica NY

I appreciate that but I'm unfortunately in the Albany region. I love the grill, I just don't like the sizing and how limited I am with it any more. I'd just do a straight swap with someone if it would actually piece together.

This topic is probably the biggest reason I never pursed an E6, I simply couldn't figure out a configuration to fit in my outdoor kitchen island. BGE & KJ both offer very short legs that can rest easily in an outdoor island configuration. I opted to stay with a couple of 22" Weber kettles with modified legs to suit my needs.
Yeah realistically I'm frustrated enough with it I'll likely swap out the entire grill for something else but it has had a great run. Bought it right at release and has performed perfectly from day one.

Back