Grilled Swordfish and Pineapple Skewers with Couscous

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
The next time we have fish, hope to make this.
Grilled Swordfish and Pineapple Skewers with Couscous
1/2 cup EVOO divided
2 TB. honey
2 3/4 tsp. salt, divided
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 1/2 lbs. skinless Swordfish steaks, 1" thick, cut into 32 (1") pieces
1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 32 (1") pieces
1 large red onion, cut into 1" pieces
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp. curry powder
1 1/4 cups couscous
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted

1. Whisk 5 TB. oil, honey, 2 tsp. salt, lemon zest and juice and cayenne together in large bowl. Reserve 1/3 cup marinade for serving. Pat Swordfish dry with paper towels. Add Swordfish, pineapple and onion to remaining marinade and toss to coat. Thread 2 to 3 onion pieces, then 1 Swordfish piece, then 1 pineapple piece onto each of eight 12" mental skewers. Repeat pattern 3 more times on each skewer and finish each skewer with 2 to 3 onion pieces.
2. Grill skewers over hot fire (covered if using gas), turning halfway through cooking until Swordfish registers 140 degrees, 8 to 12 minutes.
3. Bring water, curry powder and remaining 3 TB of oil and 3/4 tsp. salt to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in couscous, cover, and let sit off heat for 5 minutes. Stir in almonds. Transfer to platter and place skewers on top. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Serves 4
Source: Cooks Country- Aug./Sept-2023

i don't think i've seen swordfish for sale in years. is it still marketed and available?

we stopped eating it due to its population decline back in the late 90's.

but it was always good when we did grill it.

Hmmmm, never thought of that. I guess any type of fish will do. I would rather have chicken anyway. 🥰

Back