Funny Story

Gerry D.

TVWBB Pro
My sister had a baby last week and I went over to her house to welcome her and my new niece home. Of course she didn't know how many people were going to show up. Her husband went to the store and bought steak and some other sides. It was then thrust upon me to cook, for 20 people. I had not planned on this. What I ended up doing was rubbing the steaks with montreal steak seasoning and then made a baste/sauce consisting of:

Worchestershire sauce
Butter
Fresh Italian Parsley
Dried Mustard
Finely Chopped Vidalia Onion
Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Turned out good and everyone liked it. Just wondering what else I could add to it, because I thought it was missing something.

As a side note everyone thought it was hysterical that I had a chimney starter and some smoke wood in my truck. Anyone else have emergency bbq supplies in their respective vehicle?

That sounds really good, Gerry. And congrats on the new niece!

I don't intentionally carry around BBQ supplies in the car, but I did keep some split cherry in my trunk for a month or two. I was just too lazy to make room in the shed for it!

smoke wood in my truck. Anyone else have emergency bbq supplies in their respective vehicle?

I keep a few chunks of apple, mesquite, and hickory in my vehicle. When on vacation (without any of my equipment) I usually find a grill somewhere that I can use and I just throw the wood on the grill / coals. Works wonders!

BTW - I keep the wood in a zip-loc bag so it will not be easily available to termites .

Ray

You guys do realize that, to the uninitiated, this looks like you're ready to cook any prime roadkill you might come across?
icon_biggrin.gif

You guys do realize that, to the uninitiated, this looks like you're ready to cook any prime roadkill you might come across?
Love your post Larry. Laughed out loud!

Ray

Originally posted by Larry D.:
icon_biggrin.gif
Could that be where "Roadside Chicken" came from
icon_eek.gif

I do like the fact that you said "prime" roadkill. We might turn up our noses' at some "choice" roadkill. Gotta have some standards.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back