Foiling Water Pan

Ned

I'm the proud owner of a new 18.5" cooker, and I want to place foil inside and outside of the water pan. However, Reynold's heavy duty foil (the widest I can find) is just 18" wide. I can put two pieces together for the outside surface of the water pan, but not for the inside. Has anyone figured out a clever way to line the inside of the water pan? Thanks. Ned

Gee Ned, I don't know... I know the new water pan is larger than the old one, and the 18" foil just makes the turn over the top of my older pan. I don't think using 2 pieces to cover the bottom will be a problem.

As far as the inside goes, don't push the foil all the way down to the bottom on the inside - you can leave an air gap there. A lot of people will ball up some foil, put it in the bottom of the pan, then foil across the top pushing the foil down just far enough to touch the balled-up foil. I just let the foil sag a bit over the top - just enough to catch any drips and not let it run over the sides.

Another option is the foiled clay saucer inside the water pan... there are a lot of posts about the saucer on here.

Hope this helps....

Ned, I use the Reynolds roll and double foil my pan. I foil the inside first (two layers), then the outside with two slightly bigger lengths. I change the positioning of the last outer piece to cover any naked bowl that's showing. I press the ends down tightly. After most cooks, I just peel off one layer, unless both are a real mess.

It gets a bit expensive doing it this way, but I like how clean and tidy it keeps everything.

No need to cross post Ned. You will get the responses any way. More Here.

But if you as i understand after reading thru the original post one more time ment : To foil the inside/outside of the pan and still use water..And get it water tight. That wont work.

Back