first time Weber from Miami, FL

JonnyB

TVWBB Member
What's up all

Just ordered my first Weber and a few extras for the first time. Should be arriving tomorrow from Amazon. Can't wait to share and learn with y'all. I'll be posting my purchase in the kettle section to discuss it there if you'd like to go see.

Can't say I've ever used a charcoal grill but I completely understand it. Plus, I've got plenty of experience of watching YouTube videos lol on how to do everything and even smoke.

I'm coming from a first generation, few years old, char broil infrared grill. I believed that grill would be able to get super searing hot, it never did :/ kept it til now that it's been neglected and in need of replacement.

I love the big green eggs but they're a bit out of my budget, and in my South Florida weather I don't think I need all that insulation lol. I really love the Weber history, quality, and all the outside brand accessories for it!

Is this the right place for my background or am I rambling? Anyhow, glad to be here.

Welcome to the group Jonny. You made the right choice, my buddy has an xl egg and I find it lacking in space. Plus you can buy 7 or 8 kettles for what they charge for it.

Welcome, Johnny B! You have chosen wisely. When I joined this site not so long ago, I was an absolute novice and completely new to charcoal and Webers. Now everyone raves about the food that comes from my Performer.
Just an FYI, there is a link on this site you can use for future Amazon purchases that kicks back a small amount to keep the site going.

Welcome, Johnny! I'll second what Greg said - this site and it's members have a wealth of knowledge. Which Weber did you get?

Nice, I expect you're going to be enjoying it for a long time to come. It's one hell of a tasty & addictive learning process.

Back