first time PP

Marc T

despite the bad weather, (I was all ready waitng two days for nice weather to fire up my new WSM for the first time), I thought it would be nice to make pulled pork. This was my first time, piece of meat was a bit small (just over 2 pounds) it took 11,5 hours, and it was very nice! only could have been more, so next time, i will take a bigger piece!
P1050734.jpg

P1050747.jpg

P1050755.jpg

P1050763.jpg

boy am i happy with my wsm!

Great job Marc!! I looks like you had a determined little helper there that braved the weather with you! That makes it fun doesn't it!!!

thnx! yeah, it was really fun, specialy watching the thermometer slowely getting to a hold and then to a stop and after two hours slowly rising again! it was really fun!

Congrats and welcome to the addiction! Sure is nice to have help in the rain. My only suggestion - make more!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marc T:
piece of meat was a bit small (just over 2 pounds) it took 11,5 hours
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Marc,
Just wondering. Does your OP say 11.5 hours or do I need an eye exam?

I am surprised at how long that cook took; but what is really important is the result.... whatever you did to get there; you produced a quality pan of pulled pork.... you are now a "member" and therefore you have all the responsibilities and obligations from doing it once... you are now EXPECTED to meet or excede ever time LOL.... and I am sure you will.... btw; what was your sauce? I am a huge vinegar based sauce for PP....

yep, it was 1,1 kg ,thats about 2.2 pounds? and it took me 11,5 hours, I guess that is what low and slow means
icon_smile.gif
, I used carolina mustard sauce, from the big bob gibson's book. perfect combination! I was saving the piece of meat for an other thing, but could'nt wait! next time it will be 6.6 pounds or so.
thanks for the comments!

It loos fantastic Marc. I've got two 7lb butts going on Saturday night. I hope my weather is better! Good going.

Yep, like stated here many times, the meat's done when it's done.
I've had small butts take longer than larger ones. The last I did, about 7 lbs, only took 9 hrs. Got one on now, around 8 lbs, hopefully it won't go on into the night.

Looks like that hanging plant needs a little more than the rain!
icon_smile.gif

Pork looks great, tho!

Back