First Time Injecting

MattP

TVWBB Super Fan
Picked up a Stubb's brand injection today, I'm planning to use it when grilling some big chicken breasts later in the week. This is going to be the first time I've ever injected when cooking/grilling/smoking.

Curious-- so I inject the chicken immediately before putting it on the grill, or should I do it a few hours ahead of time, to almost let it marinade on the inside?

Matt, I injected chicken breasts with a lemon marinade and let them marinate in the fridge for a few hours only to have them turn to mush inside. With citrus or vinegar based marinades, you can grill them immediately after injecting. I also use a teriyaki based marinade and refrigerate for an hour after injecting. These have always turned out flavorfully.

Matt, how did your injected chicken breasts turn out? What marinade was injected?
As long as you have the kit, next time you grill a steak, inject one with melted butter
and see how you like it.

Mmmmmmm butter. I have never injected a turkey breast but my favorite marinade for chicken breast is italian dressing.

Matt, how did your injected chicken breasts turn out? What marinade was injected?
As long as you have the kit, next time you grill a steak, inject one with melted butter
and see how you like it.

I was pleased with how they were-- very juicy and flavorful. I do wonder if I could have possibly gotten more 'in' them, but didn't want to possibly overdo things. Used Stubb's chipolte butter. It came with it's own kit, and I plan to hang onto it-- it's constructed pretty well. That's a good idea for the steaks!

Back