First Start-Up on New WSM 22.5 Was So Easy!!

On my first couple of smokes on my 22 the lid therm would match my maverick grate therm almost exactly. Here lately the grate temp is about 40 degrees higher than the lid temp. I don't worry about it too much either way though. As long as I'm between 225 and 300 I'm good to go.

Andy, I've now experienced the exact same thing. My lid therm shows about 50* less than my Maverick or Auber...and they are both within a degree of each other. Very strange. I've never thought much about lid therms anyway, and actually thought it was strange that mine was spot on from the get go. And, I hear you on the variation. Anytime I could keep my stick burner within 50* either of way of what I wanted to run, I was good.

Mick where did you get the caster wheels that you put on, are they 3"? I had a rolling cart on mine but is rusting out and I am thinking of picking some up at Harbor Freight.

Mick where did you get the caster wheels that you put on, are they 3"? I had a rolling cart on mine but is rusting out and I am thinking of picking some up at Harbor Freight.

Hey Ray, yes they are 3". I just picked up 3 of these from Home Depot: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...Non-Marking-Rubber-Caster-4031345EB/203672412

Had to pick up some nuts, flat washers, and lock washers as well.

I keep it on a covered patio, and just roll it back out of the way when not using it.

Back