First ever charcoal cook pr()n - Epic Fail! - 2015 Performer Deluxe

I applaud your honesty. You could've passed that off as a perfect cook ( which is what it looks like) . I have done that same thing a few times (usually due to demon rum) . These days I always use my meat thermometer inserted right in the steak and I have my thermapen as a back up. I do much better at hitting mid rare now....even when I'm 3 sheets to the wind. Good luck in future.

Looks great from here. And those 'sirloin filets' look more like tenderloin than any sirloin filets I've seen around here.

Yes! And when cooked properly, they have just slightly more chew. If you overcook them, they definitely turn to sawdust pretty quickly... but yeah, the poor man's filet almost.

Even though it's not as cheap as I could get it at a non high-end grocery store, Whole Foods here has them for $4.99 a piece... so not a terrible deal on a tasty, leaner steak.

Looks good to me.
Thanks for the review on the drinks.

No, thank you, Tony! I'm a firm believer that you can't grill or bbq without a beer in hand (or beers)... I am a big craft beer snob, so I'll always try to post the beer I'm drinking while cooking.

Back