First cook on the Weber Summit Kamado E6 - pulled pork

I’ve tried Brett’s method and it hasn’t worked a single time for me. I always end up running a small chimney.

You’ll likely find you need to choke the top down more than you would think, mine is only ever open maybe enough to get a pencil through and that’s about it. Don’t overshoot temps because it can be a bear to get temps down; set your vents and let it settle in.

I’ve got the Summit so it’s got propane ignition and lately I’ve been toying with that. Your Kamado doesn’t have that but the propane is roughly center of charcoal, offset to the right, so nearly the same as a chimney there

I’ve tried Brett’s method and it hasn’t worked a single time for me. I always end up running a small chimney.

You’ll likely find you need to choke the top down more than you would think, mine is only ever open maybe enough to get a pencil through and that’s about it. Don’t overshoot temps because it can be a bear to get temps down; set your vents and let it settle in.

I’ve got the Summit so it’s got propane ignition and lately I’ve been toying with that. Your Kamado doesn’t have that but the propane is roughly center of charcoal, offset to the right, so nearly the same as a chimney there
I’ll try to film a video on the next one. Maybe I’m not explaining a small detail or something.

I basically place an oil soaked paper towel, or tallow in a paper towel, place 3 briqs atop the towel and light the paper towel. The briqs catch and then I place the deflector plate and button up the WSK. Sorry for any frustrations.

Back