feature? staged temperature limits?

Wow, if we get Auto Tune and Ramp and Hold alarm scripts built into the next software release it'll be like christmas! Where's the Google car when you need it! LOL

+1. I'd love to have PID autotune. I'm not sure about the benefit of ramp and hold on my electric smoker though.

I've been trying to get the Super Ramp down script to function but I can't seem to figure it out...

I pasted the script into the High alarm for the food probe I am using and selected "execute on alarm"

I just copied and pasted the script from the example:

#!/bin/sh
if [ "$al_thresh" -gt 199 ] ; then
# done
lmclient LMST,sp,100
exit
fi

NEWSP=$((sp-2))
NEWAL=$((al_thresh+2))
lmclient LMST,sp,$NEWSP
al_set $NEWAL

The bottom part seems pretty easy to understand, bump the setpoint down 2 and bump the alarm threshold up 2...

The top part seems to shut the grill down (change setpoint to 100F) when the alarm threshold reaches 200F?

But I can't seem to get it to function? I set the alarm, it rings, but nothing happens to my setpoint or the alarm threshold?

What am I missing?

EDIT:

Found what I was missing... there is a typo in the script on the wiki which I guess hasn't been corrected yet...
You can see the missing bracket shown in RED above. The script is working now, ramping down as expected....

Last edited:

Back