Feature request: LED blink mode

Steve_M

TVWBB Guru
For my weatherproof HM case build, I'm using a single push button with an integrated led. The button is to toggle lid mode, and I've got Led 1 set to Lid Open mode.

What would be super handy is 2nd option for Led 1,2,3, that would blink the led for any of the current config options. You could have Output > 0% = blinking, and Lid Open = solid.

Here's a gif of my button + led combo. I'm finally getting this thing built. I'm tired of having to use ziplock bags and other silly things.

n7XfN6i.gif

I'll post more info when it's complete!

Oh that is a really cool idea to use the integrated LED button like that. I am not really a fan of that sort of dual purpose action on the LEDs though. If the LED is on then you know immediately what it means, you don't have to wait for it to cycle to know if it is blinking and how long do you have to look at it to be sure you've seen a cycle? There's also the question of precedence, if an item is blinking AND solid then the code would need to decide which to do when activating it, and more importantly it would have to run through the list twice when deactivating to make sure when it is leaving one activated state that it might have to enable another activated state.

They do make some cool waterproof panel mount LEDs that would match your style, how about that instead? (he said knowing that if that was acceptable it would be no work to do for him)

Valid points about tracking the current, new and previous state of blink and solid mode. I was just looking for a way to not use the LCD board & shift register. Having it only come on for lid only mode meets my needs.

Back