Favorite "not so usual" pizza topping

I had pineapple and ham on a pizza - in Germany.

All the Germans acted like it was perfectly normal, so I just went along with it.

It was not too bad…

I actually kinda liked it.

Don’t hate, lol
That's a standard pizza . At a place I work in high school that was called a Hawaiian special.
We also had taco pizza.... Which tasted just like tacos.

That's a standard pizza . At a place I work in high school that was called a Hawaiian special.
We also had taco pizza.... Which tasted just like tacos.
I know what your saying as I have traveled around, but what’s “standard” in one part of the globe is non-existent in another part.

How is the Sicilian pizza in your area? Square pizza with a thick crust and slightly sweet red sauce? Around here it’s usually excellent and one of my favorites.

While I might be able to get a Chicago style pizza in New York, or a New York style pizza in Albuquerque, it’s not really the same in my opinion.

There are a few barbecue places in my area, but none of them can come close to an average Texas road side barbecue joint in my opinion, but most people are happy to go and rave about how good it is.

I’m making white pie with broccoli this weekend, and might even try my hand at a Hawaiian pizza.

It’s all good.

This is one of my all time favorites. if I can find all the ingredients I'll splurge and follow the recipe
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 6 ounces exotic mushrooms, such as chanterelle, shiitake or wood ear, rinsed well, dried and thinly sliced
  • 1 1/4 cups thin strips prosciutto (about 4 ounces)
  • 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
  • 6 ounces soft mild goat cheese such as Montrachet, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
  • 6 ounces Fontina cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)
  • 3 ounces thinly sliced Teleme cheese

But I can't find Teleme that often, exotic shrooms are expensive and truffle oil is not regularly in my pantry so:
  • 6 ounces sliced porcini mushrooms, sliced well in advance and placed on a rack to dry out for an hour or two or three to dry.
  • 1 1/4 cups thin strips prosciutto (about 4 ounces)
  • 2 tablespoons white truffle oil If I have garlic olive oil I'll use that, otherwise just a little more EVOO
  • 6 ounces soft mild goat cheese such crumbled (about 3/4 cup) Costco's standard fare works for me.
  • 6 ounces Fontina cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)
  • 3 ounces thinly sliced Teleme cheese substitute brie, fresh mozzarella or regular mozzarella if you can't find Teleme
20220805_194510.jpg

Back