Fancy and Simple

Tony-Chicago

TVWBB Wizard
So again I prepared a meal fit for a few.
Mahi Mahi, dozen potatoes, chinese stuffed gua,
Grilled cauliflower, and again at the last minute
I threw on some semi-defrosted beef to make
Burgers for me. Yep. I may have gotten the short
End but it still rocked. Long live weber

Attachments

• 20200808_200850.jpg
    20200808_200850.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 43
Tony, that cauliflower looks awesome! How did you prep and cook it?

I'm not familiar with gua so could you please explain? Thanks!

Guess I'm missing something. With a delicious looking menu like that, why the last minute burger? Not that there's anything wrong with a burger. :D

The cauliflower was prepared with a rub and a mop sauce. Grilled on the cold side, and turned once so the sides are even toward the hot side of the grill. Then it goes top down on the hot side, and mop sauce is poured on the stem side. Three or more times. Five minutes each until done. Problem I had was that it took a long time for it to get done. Maybe a hotter grill. I was at 375 and maybe 425 would work better.

Last edited:
Gua or grwah is Chinese melon. Winter melon in this case. Usually a chopped pork mixture that is steamed, (remember traditional Chinese villages etc do not have ovens), usually a plate or so on a spacer above water in a covered pan, or traditional steamer like dim sum. I did it on the grill. Easy. Do not mistake winter melon (bland enough) for foo gua (foo gwah) bitter melon.

Last edited:
We made brined, flattened, bscb on the grill day before. However they disappeared inside, while I was outside cooking. So I quickly grabbed some frozen Costco beef and tried a burger for me. They finished dead last in the competiton but I loved them. And standing outside in the cooling evening with burgers on the weber, they could keep their inside. I cooked, i watched, weber rules

Back